Sunday, February 03, 2008

an Apple a day keeps the doctor away

"Doctor Hadley , You have a patient waiting for you in room one" my nurse mentioned as she walked past. She let out a chart for me to grab while we brisked past each other. I walked into room one and set my chart by the side.

The guy sat there quietly by the examination bench. Decent height(I can't really judge when he is sitting but it looks decent enough), nice tan, blue piercing eyes, nice ruffled hair,nice toned arms and of course decent casual attire. I clicked my pen to wake myself up and began the interview.

"Hi , Mr Goodrich. I am Dr Hadley, i will be examining you for today. Looks like you choked on an apple and i will just be checking on your throat just to make sure everything is good ."

He raised his hand to ruffle his hand and gave a sheepish laughter" so much for an apple a day keeps the doctor away huh. it is almost embarrassing to tell my friends i was admitted to the hospital with a blue face from choking on an apple"

" well i guess shit happens, now just need you to open your mouth . Good. Any discomfort ?"He shook his head ,unable to mouth anything with my stick down his throat.

"well then! Everything looks good ,if i were you i keep away from apples for a few days. If you suffer any sores on your throat go easy on the food you eat. Soft food will be a good way to go for now, but i am assuming your have nothing to worry about. Well then just remember don't be frightened by apples as it is still gonna keep us doctors away. Just need to sign these documents and you are good to go .Well then have a good day Mr Goodrich." I closed his charts and stood up from my seat. Just as i was about to leave i felt an arm grabbing hold of me , I turned to see a poor guy pointing to the wooden stick i left on his mouth.

"Ah! i am so sorry! slip ups occurs i guess. "i said while grabbing the stick and tossing it into the bin.

"Oh no worries, I thought it was a new way for doctors to leave their numbers on the stick for patients to call them up for a date" I tripped on the stool when i heard that. I was not that obvious in examining my patient physic , was i?

"Wa What?" That's all I could come out with in that state of embarrassment.

He laughed " I was just kidding, take it easy."

I glared at my patient through my specs and walked off . Out of the room I went into the linen closet just next to the room and calmed myself down. "Stupid, So much for being a doctor when you just acted like a total retard in there. What's " Wa what?" and of course the trip just make everything oh so glamorous." I hit my head on the linen sheets and counted to ten. Adjusted my uniform and hair, push up my specs and walked out of the closet just to bang myself right into a chest. Looking up , great Mr Goodrich again.

"Woo! Hi again Dr. Hadley. Going somewhere?"
"Sor Sorry. Wa WHat? " I said AGAIN, pushed up my specs AGAIN and walked off.

This all explains why I am still Single and unwanted. Cheers to my life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home